Money is hard-earned by all, and when counterfeit currency takes its place, it’s equal to being robbed.
But is this problem major? The stats will shock you!
About $200 million counterfeit currency has infiltrated the US economy. Under such circumstances, it’s essential to buy a money detecting device to keep you far away from deception.
These days, the most popular money detectors use magnetic/ultraviolet sensors or infrared technology to detect fake currency. Thus these products must be kept handy in such times.
We have listed out the best money detector machines you can look into.
Table of Contents
- Best Money Detector Machines: A Quick Summary
- Best Money Detector Machines of 2022: Detailed Reviews
- Why do you need to buy a money detector?
- Best Money Detector Machines Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Best Money Detector Machines: A Quick Summary
1. Fastest counterfeit detector: Cassida’ Instacheck’ Detector: (Takes less than a second to work)
2. Best for one-hand operation: Dri Mark Flash Test Counterfeit Bill Detector: (Extremely compact unit)
3. Best new age: Kolibri KCD-2000: (Uses denomination measurement technology)
4. Best dual-purpose money detection: Aneken Money Counter: (It counts bills and detects counterfeit)
5. Ideal for small businesses: Cassida 6600 UV/MG :(Counts 13 times faster)
Best Money Detector Machines of 2022: Detailed Reviews
Cassida’ Instacheck’ Detector (Takes Less Than a Second to Work)
- The first counterfeit money detector in our list features UV, IR, and MT technology.
- The detector is super fast and takes less than 1 second to respond.
- It’s the perfect detector for high-volume stores.
If you are looking for a portable device, this is a good option; however, it’s not extremely light.
The ease of use factor has been well considered while designing this unit. Once the currency is inserted, the machine will either give you a thumbs up (blue) or two thumbs down (red) after scrutinizing the notes. The machine takes each bill and cross-references it against its vast database.
The unit includes battery power; it’s an optional feature, so you can use it while traveling. Finally, the unit features a one-year warranty and offers excellent customer service.
- The detector sensor includes UV IR AND MT.
- Fast and responsive unit.
- Features one-year warranty.
- Portable yet heavy.
- It can only be used for US dollars.
Ideal for big volume stores that handle many bills; however, the unit is too heavy to move frequently and only functions on US bills.
Dri Mark Flash Test Counterfeit Bill Detector (Extremely Compact Unit)
- This machine uses three types of tests Watermark, Ink, and UV light test.
- The ink test is the most preferred option of all the three since it’s the fastest.
- The machine is relatively easy to use as well.
- The entire process takes only a second.
Simply glide the front of the bill over the sensor, which instantly flashes a green light if the bill is authentic. The entire process takes only a second.
The unit is compact and does not require batteries. It is ideal for a one-handed operation. The machine identifies the security strip placed on bills from $5 and up.
- It features a compact design.
- Does not require any maintenance.
- Makes cashier’s more confident while handling big bills.
- The cord is a bit small.
- It comes only with a warranty period extended up to 60 days.
Since the unit is very compact, it can be used on any cash register. However, the cord is a bit small and can thus create inconvenience.
Kolibri KCD-2000 (Uses Denomination Measurement Technology)
- This machine provides a simple but effective four counterfeit orientation detection ( UV, magnetic ink, infrared, and measurement detection) method.
- The Kolibri KCD-2000 serves the dual purpose of counting and detecting.
- After the process is complete, it shows the detailed report by denomination on the screen.
Due to its advantageous features, it can go a long way to protect your company from receiving counterfeit bills. The process used for detecting fake bills is exceptionally secure. Once the process is complete, the machine confirms the denomination of the bills on the TFT screen as an additional layer of protection against bleached bills.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Features a compact design ideal for placing in the cash register.
- Extremely portable.
- Money needs to be adjusted well before placement.
- Some users think it’s too sensitive.
It’s one of the newest models that use measurement detection. However, the note needs to be appropriately placed with no bent corners and edges.
Aneken Money Counter (It Counts Bills and Detects Counterfeit)
- It can get tedious for cashiers to count a huge number of bills in bulk.
- It gets worse if they have to restart the process again after getting it wrong somewhere.
- The Aneken Money Counter can be the perfect solution to this issue.
- It’s super fast. It can tally as fast as 1000 bills/min.
This money counter, the chances of wrong with the calculations are nearly bleak. Plus, it’s super fast. It can tally as fast as 1000 bills/min.
There are no jams while counting, and you can also include kicked bills. This machine is also perfect for detecting false banknotes. Three modes can run successfully simultaneously, and the results are showed on two LED screens.
- The machine counts faster.
- Includes four detection modes.
- Can also count business cards.
- Stops if a false note is detected.
- Only counts the number of bills, not its average value.
- Some bills might be rough handled.
Cassida 6600 UV/MG (Counts 13 times faster)
- The device uses a state-of-the-art UV detection scan tech to scrutinize every bill.
- Cassida 6600 UV/MG operates in four different money counting modes, including batch, add batch, count, and add.
- you require while handling currency, this machine can do it all.
- The note counter is extremely fast, almost 13 times faster than manual counting.
Arguably it is one of the best money detector machines of this year. If you handle money daily in your business, then this is a worthwhile investment. The note counter is extremely fast, almost 13 times faster than manual counting.
Unlike the Aneken Money Counter, the Cassida 6600 UV/MG not only counts the bills but also calculates the total value, which is an added advantage. All it needs is the detailed denomination of the notes, and it makes the rest of the counting process pretty easy.
- Ideal weight and study structure.
- It’s not too noisy with strong vibration.
- The unit features both magnetic strip verification and UV light check.
- As per some users, the unit jams often.
- It’s a tad bit expensive.
It’s ideal for businesses that deal with bulk notes daily. The machine works very fast.
Why do you need to buy a money detector?
Counterfeit bills hit the economy quite hard. When you accept counterfeit notes, you are simply losing money. And as these bills change hands, they become a part of the economy, forcing someone to lose hard-earned money.
A money detector can help you fix this situation.
When you don’t accept counterfeit bills, you counter minimal risk in your profit. Once the fake money is detected and denied, you are left with actual cash, which helps your business generate more revenue.
A money detector provides you the required amount of security and confidence during transactions. You always do not have to wonder whether you are dealing with fake cash.
Best Money Detector Machines Buying Guide
If you plan on buying a counterfeit money detection machine, there are a few factors that you must consider. These factors will prevent you from buying the wrong machine that may not suit your business needs.
The capacity of the machine will determine how many bills it can handle at a go. However, the capacity will depend on what you will be using the device for. Is it for your business? In that case, is it a big business or a small one? Or will it be for personal use?
As it turns out, the high-end money counting devices are better. They are faster and are far more accurate. Some of these are designed to take and check large bills at a time.
If you handle a lot of money daily or run a business where you have to count big bills in a shorter timeframe, it’s advisable to invest in a bill counter that functions at high speed. However, mostly, these money detection machines feature interchangeable speeds, making it easy to count the bills at different rates. But do keep an on the maximum speed.
A bill sorter feature comes in handy when dealing with a mixed pile of authentic and counterfeit notes. Machines with this feature also have the facility of separating the currencies into different stacks as per their denomination.
This feature allows the counting to stop at a preset number. It then further manually straps the cash into batches for deposition.
Counterfeit money detectors mostly use rechargeable batteries. That’s a good feature since they can be used anywhere and do not require an outlet. It’s advisable to look for a detector that gives about 8 hours of battery life.
Counterfeit detection abilities
Though many types of counterfeit note detection machines are available (as mentioned above), the UV control and magnetic strip detection machine are the best since these two components are the hardest to fake. However, look for multiple detection systems in your device so that your chances of identifying fake notes increase.
Ease of use/Portability
In case you require to move the machine from one place to another, you need to look for a portable unit, i.e., smaller devices. These can be used in low-light areas as well.
It’s essential to keep the noise level low since you will frequently be using this machine. It has been noted that UV and magnetic strip money detectors have a lower noise level.
An Interesting Read: Best Coin Sorters: Don't Go Without Reading This!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do I update my money detector?
Banks are always on their toes to improve security standards to avoid the falsification of bills. Some models automatically update their software when there are new changes in the currency or the security standards. On the flip side, other models update their software using a computer.
Counterfeit money detectors usually come with USB ports that can connect these machines to the computer, thereby making their updates easy. Some devices also come with MicroSD slots. Additionally, it’s advisable to keep an eye out for the updates provided by the Central Bank.
2. What other functions do money detectors have?
Mostly these devices have very specific functions, i.e., false bill identification. However, new models have come up that can also count bills which is a great additional feature. These machines are very useful for people who deal with multiple notes daily.
As more and more counterfeit notes infiltrate the economy, small businesses and shop owners must get their hands on these best money detector machines. These are the only way to fight against fake currency.