Many times when using the courier services of FedEx, I have come across a status in their tracking info, which reads “scheduled delivery pending.” In the beginning, it made me worry as to the implication of this statement.
This was because the first time this had happened; I was expecting a valuable shipment. So what does it mean when someone asks this question? That implies that the scheduled delivery of your package is not yet ready- it is delayed.
There are two ways to it; the good thing is your package is almost at its destination, but on the flip side, it is not yet dispatched.
This kind of fedex package refers to the situation where the ordering process is complete. The package is in the safety of a warehouse, with proper labeling, and set to be dispatched. Once it is scanned, the order status will be changed to shipped.
An unsettled shipment expires within 10 days after you have created them, also on a future date that you can choose while creating a shipment. You can save up to 100 shipments and ship up to 10 shipments at a time.
In this situation, you won’t be billed for a delayed shipment until you process it and print its label. You can choose to process them and print labels at any time.
First, it had shown an estimated delivery date. But now the status has changed to scheduled delivery pending by FedEx. What does this mean?
Before you read further, you should check whether FedEx delivers your package on weekends.
Like me, many of you must have undergone this worrisome situation while taking the services by the FedEx courier agency.
I tried to get in touch with the helpline numbers. Most of my initial attempts went in vain as I could not interact with their customer care personnel. After several attempts, at last, I got through.
I was informed that if it encounters a delay, they may not be able to inform me the exact date when I can expect to receive It. I was informed that many efforts were being taken to execute the order fast.
You cannot pinpoint any one particular reason for the scheduled delivery pending of your package; there can be very many reasons for such alternations-
- It could imply that your package is at the station and is awaiting its turn to get scanned into a vehicle and then dispatched.
- It could also face some issues while in transit. It could be a flight or vehicle delay. It could also face hold up in transit with the trucks. That is one of the most probable reasons for a scheduled delivery date is delayed.
- It could also because of some weather hindrances. If the climatic conditions are not suitable, it won’t be possible for it to be delivered.
- Most importantly, because most of the areas worldwide are under quarantine, many routes have been suspended indefinitely. If this is the case, then the package will be delivered as soon as things get back to normal.
It is to be kept in mind that the FedEx tracking system is automated. So when the shipment misses the estimated time, it is automatically changed to ‘pending.’ FedEx is under no legal obligation to meet their promised date.
If you have made a particular contract with them specifying the required date, all you can do is wait.
Customers have often been found to have put forward their grievances of not getting their packages on the due time. They complain of the fact that all of a sudden it changes from shipped to scheduled delivery pending.
In such cases, when they try to reach the helpline numbers, they are mostly met with even more dissatisfaction. Mostly the response that they receive is quite vague, which includes the explanation of the packages not being ready for shipping. Though they promise to quickly provide accurate dates, this is hardly ever met.
What You Will Know
- 1 Some factors that should be kept in mind when scheduled delivery is pending:
- 2 Guide for Tracking & Managing Deliveries – FedEx
- 3 Custom Clearance Process for Scheduled Delivery Packages:
- 4 FedEx Scheduled Delivery Pending: Related questions and FAQS
- 4.1 What does it mean that “Pending Shipment” and through FedEx?
- 4.2 What is a reason that a FedEx package did not arrive on the estimated date and now says no estimated date available and status is still not clear?
- 4.3 Why my FedEx shipment is stuck at “In Transit” even after the expected date?
- 4.4 How accurate is FedEx’s scheduled delivery time?
- 4.5 Is FedEx scheduled delivery guaranteed?
- 4.6 Why is FedEx taking so long to deliver?
Some factors that should be kept in mind when scheduled delivery is pending:
• What is a delayed shipment?
It is a shipment record saved to be processed later. This allows you to enter the shipment information ahead of time and print the labels when your packages are ready to be shipped.
• What does it mean when FedEx changes the status ‘scheduled’ to delivery ‘pending’?
When a shipping status is delayed, it means that the shipping courier company is processing it. FedEx uses this status to begin its logistic functions to get a package from the location to the intended destination.
• What is the money-back policy of FedEx?
The FedEx Express international packages are supported with a money-back guarantee policy. It applies to all kinds of postponement items.
Guide for Tracking & Managing Deliveries – FedEx
Tracking is made easy with FedEx with the following steps:
- Visit the tracking web application of the company
- Download the FedEx mobile app. Then enter your number or scan the barcode on the door tag. This will give you all the information you need about your missed shipment and other available delivery options.
- You can also text your door tag number with the message “follow” to 48773 to get an update about your package
- Call 1.800.463.3339 and select the “track package” option
If you are expecting deliveries at your home, you can now manage them effectively, thanks to the FedEx Delivery Manager. Using this service, you can check for upcoming deliveries to your address, get notified, change the recipient’s address reschedule the delivery, and do a lot more.
The delivery manager offers the following services for free:
- Redirecting the package to the thousand FedEx offices nearby
- A package can be held for a week
- You can use the temporary hold option to keep the package held for two weeks more for free at a given address
- Get tracking information and notifications to see the status of your package throughout the delivery process
- Pick your location for the delivery person to leave the package
- Sign for the package even when you are not at home through your smartphone
Custom Clearance Process for Scheduled Delivery Packages:
Mostly while shipping with FedEx Express services, customs clearance is included, and FedEx clears the shipment. However, when the shipment has certain goods, it needs special clearance. Thus you need to ask for special processing from a FedEx customs broker. FedEx then applies the services and bills the charges incurred.
In some countries, there is a fee for standard custom clearance. The same applies to certain FedEx subsidiaries as well. An ancillary clearance service fee also applies to some international shipments to be served towards FedEx destinations. All the ancillary free and custom charges incurred are listed under separate items in the tax invoice.
FedEx Scheduled Delivery Pending: Related questions and FAQS
What does it mean that “Pending Shipment” and through FedEx?
This means that if your delivery misses the date, the status is changed to “delayed”.
What is a reason that a FedEx package did not arrive on the estimated date and now says no estimated date available and status is still not clear?
This means that the Scheduled for your package is not yet ready, and it is pending.
Why my FedEx shipment is stuck at “In Transit” even after the expected date?
This means that the package is no more showing any enhancement towards its destination. It is either kept in the courier company’s depots or stuck in customs.
How accurate is FedEx’s scheduled delivery time?
The answer to this question has mixed responses. While the FedEx delivery time has been accurate for some, for others, the experience was bad. As per many, FedEx is often unable to deliver in the scheduled time, and the situation gets worse during the holiday rush. Priority shipping customers also face the issue. Additionally, the driver’s route also has a part to play in determining the delivery time.
Is FedEx scheduled delivery guaranteed?
This again has mixed reviews. While for some, the scheduled delivery was on time, others did not enjoy the same benefits. When you receive a notification on Scheduled Delivery, it means FedEx is doing everything in its power to get your package delivered. Mostly the estimated time of delivery is between 1-3 days; however, there might be some delay.
Why is FedEx taking so long to deliver?
Apart from internal issues (driver routes, heavy internal traffic), multiple other reasons can delay your package. Bad weather conditions, holiday rush, poor carrier performance, incomplete documentation, incorrect address are a few reasons for a delayed package.
I have been taking the FedEx courier’s services for quite some time now and have come to endure certain circumstances that have added much to my misery.
Hence, whenever I see the status is being changed from scheduled to delivery pending, I try to track my package’s status online using the tracking number. If you don’t have a tracking number to check the status of your package then you can check this guide.
This helps in accessing the shipment’s most up to date information. Moreover, one can’t do much under such situations except to wait.